Tuesday, September 20, 2011

7 months of dating-log in the eye

This guy is put on warning.

I have been talking and emailing a new potential date.  He is going through his divorce and is at the mediation stage.

Naturally, I am very cautious and told him that I would meet him, but I would not date him.
1.  I do not want to be named in a divorce proceeding.
2.  I don't want anyone else's husband.
3.  His kids would lose all potential respect if they knew that their dad was dating while married.
4. Refer back to 1 and 2.

So, we have been talking, and he and I were pretty jazzed about all the things we have in common.  I couldn't help think that no one could be this evolved, and yet be going through a divorce.  I even told him that I thought his wife was insane for having an affair on him.

He attributed her stepping out on a midlife crisis, alcohol abuse and a randy tennis coach.

I said to him, what would prevent him from getting full custody of his kids?  What would be the battle.

The bomb dropped.

"She might accuse me of drug problems.  She says that I have been smoking pot everyday since I was in High School, which is not true because it isn't.  And besides, when I was smoking pot, she was right there smoking it, too, and the funny thing is, her brother was the one who sold it to me" 

So the guy who wants to make a play for his kids, using his ex-wife's alcohol use, is a pot smoker.

Any one see a red flag here?

No comments:

Post a Comment